Visiting Scholar Fellowships for Leipzig
The following are the six required elements of an application
- An up-to-date CV.
- A one-page, single-spaced personal statement outlining your philosophical interests and goals, and your reasons for wanting to pursue them at the University of Leipzig.
- One confidential letter of recommendation from a professor of Philosophy or Germanic Studies who is in an excellent position to comment on your background and ability.
- A recent publication or sample of your written work.
- A specification of when and for how long you would like to come to Leipzig as a visiting scholar.
- A specification of which events you plan on attending during your visit to Leipzig, as well as why it would be good for you to have the opportunity to do so.
Applications from University of Chicago doctoral students or recent PhDs will first be evaluated in a preliminary round by the CCGP Executive Board before being passed on to the FAGI. Chicago doctoral students or recent PhDs who wish to apply for visiting stipends to come to Leipzig should do so by submitting their application to: koschel [at] uchicago.edu
Applicants or recent graduates from the University of Chicago PhD programs in Germanic Studies, Philosophy, or Social Thought who are considering applying for a fellowships or stipend but would like more information about forthcoming planned events and seminars in Leipzig may direct any questions they have about this to: gilad.nir [at] uni-leipzig.de
Faculty of the University of Chicago interested in applying for fellowships or stipends to come to Leipzig should direct their questions and applications to: jconant [at] uchicago.edu