The Chicago Center for German Philosophy is involved in a number of cooperative ventures. Below you will find information concerning the ongoing cooperative projects we currently support, including various series of conferences, workshops, and scholarly exchange, as well as links to the websites of our institutional partners.
Primary Cooperative Partner
- The Research Center for Analytic German Idealism, or FAGI (Forschungskolleg Analytic German Idealism) at the University of Leipzig is the primary partner institution of the Chicago Center for German Philosophy.
The primary institutional partner and funding source of the FAGI is the Alexander von Humboldt foundation.
There is a FAGI webshop where you can order souvenirs.
- Chicago / Leipzig Cooperation – The Departments of Philosophy at the University of Leipzig and at the University of Chicago have a long history of cooperation, including the exchange of scholars, guest professors, and visiting students, as well as various conferences and workshops.
Further Ongoing Cooperative Projects
- Action Network: Practical Thought and Good Action – a research group meeting annually to discuss foundational topics in the philosophy of action.
- Bonn / Chicago Cooperative Project – The Chicago Center for German Philosophy promotes conferences and cooperations between the departments of philosophy at the University of Chicago and the University of Bonn.
- Bordeaux / Chicago / Leipzig Cooperative Project – A series of conferences and workshops devoted to the history of analytic philosophy.
- Chicago Area German Philosophy Consortium – The consortium is a collaborative arrangement among scholars in the Chicago area studying German philosophy beginning with Kant and German Idealism, its origins, and its influences on other philosophical traditions.
- Göttingen / Leipzig / Chicago Graduate Workshop – a series of graduate student conferences organized and hosted by the Philosophy Department at the University of Göttingen.
- German Philosophy Workshop – The Chicago Center for German Philosophy supports the The German Philosophy Workshop, an initiative of the Council for Advanced Studies at the University of Chicago.
- Pardubice Cooperative Project – co-organized conferences and exchange of scholars between the FAGI and the Centre for Ethics as Study in Human Value at the University of Pardubice.
- Patras Conferences – an ongoing series of conferences at the University of Patras, devoted to topics in philosophy of action, mind, perception, and self-consciousness.
- Practical Philosophy Workshop – The Chicago Center for German Philosophy supports the Practical Philosophy Workshop, an initiative of the Council for Advanced Studies at the University of Chicago.
- Tel Aviv / Potsdam GIF Cooperative Project – the project, entitled “Life and Mind: An Exploration of the Metamorphoses of the Kantian Moment in Philosophy”, consists of a series of conferences and workshops.
Additional Partner Institutions
Partner Institutions elsewhere in Germany
Institut für Philosophie der Universität Potsdam
Institut für Philosophie Bonn
Universität Göttingen Philosophisches Seminar
Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin
Lichtenberg-Kolleg – The Göttingen Institute for Advanced Study
Department of Philosophy – University of Erlangen
“The Formation of Normative Orders” Cluster at Frankfurt University
Partner Institutions in France, Greece, Israel and the Czech Republic
Philosophy Department at Bordeaux Montaigne University
Research Center SPH at Bordeaux Montaigne University
Tel Aviv University Philosophy Department
Department of Philosophy – University of Patras
The Centre for Ethics as Study in Human Value at the University of Pardubice